Day 4. The madness continues in the form of inspirational poetry.
Anonymous said: I was wondering if you have any pointers as to how a band would get on warped tour? I have some awareness as to what you need to do, but over all, i could still really use some advice from someone experienced. Thank You!
The advice I’m sure you’ve heard before still applies. Build a social media presence (a real one, don’t buy followers), play shows, get people talking about your band. Warped wants to break bands, but they also want to book bands that are going to bring fans who purchase tickets. It’s business. I believe Warped has a link on their page where they’ll accept submissions during certain parts of the year. But you want to make sure your band has the best possible shot when you submit: that you both kick ass musically, and that you offer them something in return: your fanbase coming out to see you play.
Disclaimer: I’ve never been on the side that books artists for Warped or other tours, so I can’t offer an answer from that perspective. I can only offer an answer based on what I’ve seen friends and fellow tour peers experience.
This year has been a wonderful blur. And so we start a new adventure. One Direction & 5 Seconds of Summer at the Rose Bowl. Day 2.
Rest in peace, Sarah Jones.
[“Slates for Sarah” Image Source.]
Just noticed in every picture from the Apex set that I’m in, there’s Starbucks in my hand.
Sounds about right.
During my twenties I’ve slept overnight in parking lots, forests, festival lot fields, bounce houses, and now - a cemetery.
The long, crazy ride that is HARD Summer has officially wrapped.
No time for rest, HARD Day of the Dead lineup announced tonight!
- “I don’t think the comment “bisexuals have straight privilege unless they’re in lesbian relationships” makes any more sense than saying “lesbians... ”
- “Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures,...”
- My therapist just told me a joke.
So this girl walks up to another girl and says “Hey, have you heard...
- American Horror Story: How I Met Your Mother
- “Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with...”
- “I knew it wasn’t too important, but it made me sad anyway.”— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye (via pale-afternoon)